Saturday, November 8, 2008

Sept.12 Hurricane Ike

September 12 Ike started it's wrath on Bolivar peninsula it completely destroyed it along with Baytown, Galveston's west end, Texas City and many other cities!! I walked outside in the brunt of the storm and it was awful. The sound of the wind is something I will never forget!! You can't explain the sound you just knew that it was out to destroy and God help anything that got in it's path! Around 2 a.m. the lights went out for us and they stayed that way until Tuesday around 5:30. You couldn't find gas, food, or ice anywhere !! Fema opened pods where it was needed most! We had to make our trip to the pod and I cried seeing how many people were without and how everyone was struggling but yet 2 bags of ice and some food could brighten your day. It was remarkable the way people came together! I know during those 5 days I got to know my neighbors and there children quite well!! I am thankful that we had minimally damage and didn't have to leave or home. There was some rough patches during those 5 days! I was concerned with my parents health gave me a good scare!! We cried together, we panicked together, and we survived together!!



Before Bolivar Peninsula











After














Coast Guard on a rescue

Greens Bayou












My friend Jenny's apt. carports
Trees totally uprooted
boats @ kemah

No comments: